Consumers may have been surprised by hard rockers AC/DC to sign an exclusive deal with Walmart, but the band and the world’s largest retailer know that sex, drugs, and rock and roll always make good bedfellows.
Hoping to cash in on that same success, other brands are striking up deals with unlikely partners. Here are just a few of the deals in progress:
· Marilyn Manson is negotiating the details of his new gig as the face of Maybelline’s new line of makeup for men. Terms of the contract include development of a new blood-proof formula to the company’s popular line of mascara.
· Fredericks of Hollywood is putting the desperate back into the housewife with their new Terri Hatcher Thigh High/Running shoe, for the sexy woman who wants to remain underweight. These will be available only at J.C. Penney’s.
· Jim Beam announced today a strategic alliance with Starbucks. The coffee retailer and the liquor company will both benefit by working together to create a caffeinated whiskey blend that gets you high and sobers you up at the same time. Finally, value in a six-dollar cup of coffee.
· Eli Lilly is teaming up with General Mills to provide an easy dosage option for kids with attention deficit disorders. One bowl of cereal in the morning and parents won’t have to worry about their kids going cuckoo as a Cocoa Puff by noon.
· Heidi Fleiss is working on a deal with Chuck E. Cheese that will alleviate the agony of your kid’s pizza party. Weary parents will have the option to visit a ‘special stall’. Rumor is that tokens will be accepted and tickets are redeemable for condoms and lubricating jelly.